Floor Fitting Service
At Total Woodfloors we have been fitting floors for over 20 years. We install all types of wooden floors from parquet to laminate.
These days there is a wide variety of wooden floors available and lots of choices to make. We endeavour to make the whole process easier and can advise on suitability of flooring to particular sites at your free consultation.
Most Wood floors can be installed on top of existing wood floors, onto battened concrete surfaces, as well as glued directly to existing screeded floors.
They can come as a pre-sealed system or as a raw item that can be sanded and sealed during the process. We can source flooring for you or if you prefer you can buy your flooring elsewhere and we will fit it for you.
- DO Sweep or vacuum regularly to removed dirt or grit that may scratch the floor.
- DO Close windows when you’re expecting rain. Water can ruin the finish on your wood floor.
- DO Put trays under potted plants and immediately wipe up any water you see. Water can penetrate deep into the wood and stain it.
- DON'T Use area rugs with rubber or vinyl backing. Some materials in the backing can react with certain floor finishes, discoloring or causing the finish to become dull.
- DON'T Expose hardwood to oils and alcohols, i.e nail polish remover & perfume which can dull and stain.
Your floor boards are reduced in thickness every time you sand them, so it isn’t ideal to sand them too often. With a yearly ‘Buff and Recoat’ the existing coat of polyurethane is freshend up by top-coating it, meaning that the time between complete 'sanding and varnishing' is extended, and so extending the life of your floors.
Gravity Bar at the Guinness Store House, St. James's Gate, Dublin